This tart was easy to make and tasted, and looked, great. An ideal starter or serve it with a salad or some vegetables for lunch or supper.
- 500g goats cheese
- 20cl crème fraîche
- 1 lemon
- 4 eggs
- a nut of butter
- small bunch of chives
- small bunch of parsley
- packet of butter puff pastry
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- cress to garnish
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven at 180 C/gas 6.
- Chop the cheese into small pieces and put the cheese and the creme fraiche into a mixing bowl. Mix the two together. Season and add the grated rind of the lemon and then the juice of the lemon.
- Lightly beat the eggs and add them a little at a time to the cheese mixture, stirring all the time.
- Chop the herbs and add them to the mixture.
- Grease a loaf tin/mould and line it with the puff pastry.
- Spoon the cheese and herb mixture into the loaf mould and place in the oven for approx 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and take the tart out of the mould. Slice the tart and add the cherry tomatoes and the cress. Serve with a mixed salad.
From The Kestrel Inn: 01874 731044