These delicious morsels of loveliness are a great favourite at any time of the day in my household. As I always have the ingredients to hand in my store cupboard and they only take minutes to make, they are a really great treat to cook up when you have unexpected guests. You can use any flavoured jam of your choice, or even a little fruit compote.
- 225g butter (softened)
- 75g sifted icing sugar
- 200g self raising flour
- 50g cornflour
- 1-2 tsp milk
- Raspberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 180C/160 Fan/gas 4.
- Put cupcake cases into a 12 bun cake tin.
- Place your very soft butter into a mixing bowl – the butter needs to be very soft as the mixture becomes very stiff when all the dry ingredients are added, which can make piping the mixture into the cupcake cases difficult.
- Add the icing sugar and beat mixture until smooth.
- Stir in the flour and cornflour, mixing until well combined. If you feel the mixture is too stiff to pipe, add 1-2 tsp of milk to slightly loosen it.
- Spoon mixture into piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and, in a circular motion, pipe into the cupcake cases.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden and set.
- Cool on a wire rack. Then spoon a teaspoon of raspberry jam onto the centre of each case and dust lightly with icing sugar
Filed under: Recipes
Wednesday, February 25th, 2015 at 9:32 am