Like many, you might be watching what you eat at this time of year. This crustless quiche dispenses with the calorie-laden pastry that other recipes may call for. It is a versatile recipe and you can use any filling you like; just avoid very wet vegetables such as tomatoes, as they will leak too much juice. Serve with a crisp salad for a light lunch or supper.
- 6 eggs
- 150g pot of cottage cheese (lowest fat you can find)
- 1 courgette, diced
- 3 spring onions
- 5 or 6 chestnut mushrooms
- Baby sweetcorn, chopped
- Asparagus tips, chopped
- Spray oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 190 or 170 fan
- Start by heating a large frying pan and spray it with spray oil. Throw in the vegetables. You can really use any vegetables you have hanging around…all will work well.
- Dry fry the veg for 5 minutes or so, just so they begin to soften. Set aside.
- Crack 6 eggs into a bowl and whisk. Add the cottage cheese, salt, pepper and oregano and combine.
- Arrange the vegetables in the bottom of an ovenproof flan dish and pour over the egg and cheese mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden and the quiche doesn’t wobble.