CONSUME – Artist Call Out
A GROUP EXHIBITION EXPLORING OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH FOOD
We are inviting amateur and professional artists, writers, photographers, poets, musicians, and filmmakers to create a piece of art based on an experience with food, to be exhibited as part of a collaborative group show.
Artists will have the opportunity to exhibit and sell their work through the Melville Gallery and participate in exhibit-related promotions. 5 artists and their work will also be chosen to present at a live showcase at this year’s Abergavenny Food Festival 2023 (Saturday 16th Sept).
What we need:
- 1 canvas/fabric/board (max 50cm x 50cm) OR
- 100 words OR
- 1 minute film OR
- 1 minute of music
We will also consider works that sit outside of these basic categories – please get in touch with your ideas.
- All expressions of interest must be submitted by Tuesday 1st August.
- All creations must be delivered and ready to display at The Melville Gallery by Friday 1st
- Exhibition will open Friday 8th September 4pm – 6pm.
- Abergavenny Food Festival showcase on Saturday 16th
All creations will be exhibited in The Gallery and be for sale (unless not desired) with 20% gallery commission added.
Please email email@example.com or call 01873 853167 for more info.