Life has changed so much for many of us in such a short space of time. Our homes have become offices, classrooms, gyms and even places to get a haircut.
Many of my friends are using the word ‘juggling’ to describe how they are coping. One lady I spoke to said one of her biggest challenges now that she is working from home is how she ‘divides her time.’ She asked ‘when does work stop and relaxation start?’ One of her solutions, she said, is to ‘go out for a 10 minute walk before I start work… almost like my own little commute.’ Taking time out is actually productive!
- The mind has time to clear, focus and helps you re-energise
- Your concentration improves; you can make decisions and remember important information
Relaxation also promotes physical benefits.
- Your heart rate slows down and your blood pressure decreases
- Muscles tension is released so you experience fewer headaches and less pain
- Digestion improves allowing you to absorb necessary nutrients which helps to boost your immune system
Just a short relaxation can provide benefits especially if practiced regularly. To help you to relax and learn exercises that you can use at anytime I am offering a free online relaxation session every Wednesday from 8 until 9 pm.
If you would like to learn more about relaxation I would love to hear from you on 07802 286 386 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You could also visit Eclipse Solution Focused Hypnotherapy on Facebook for further information.
Nicola Taylor is a fully qualified and insured Solution Focused Hypnotherapist and Head of Professional Standards for the Association for Solution Focused Hypnotherapists. She has completed the Hypnotherapists Practitioners Diploma and is a qualified supervisor for other therapists. She is also a member of the National Council for Hypnotherapists and the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council.