There’s no doubt in my mind which is my favourite month of the year. September, of course! Why? Take one food obsessed magazine editor and combine with a local annual event and what do you get? A perfectly baked Abergavenny Food Festivaler, that’s what.
It’s that time of year again when Abergavenny plays host to its Annual Food Festival. This year the festival takes place over the weekend of 21st and 22nd September. In celebration, this month’s Focus has gone foodie. There are platters of gastronomic delights to enjoy in this month’s magazine, from recipe book recommendations, how to grow fruit in your garden to a plethora of recipes to try out for yourself. I’m delighted to announce that ahead of the food festival, we had the privilege of catching up with Rick Stein and Tom Kerridge who kindly furnished us with some delicious recipes from their forthcoming books. The two celebrity chefs will be in attendance during the food festival weekend, as will our regular contributing chef, Jim Hamilton, of the Kings Arms, who provides us with yet another delicious dish in this month’s magazine.
For those of you who have kindly enquired after my health following my surgery last month, I’m happy to say that I’m now fully recovered. Thanks for your well wishes. The move to our new house has now been successfully completed, and we have a new puppy, named Ludo, who I am sure will feature heavily in my editorials over the coming months! At the moment, he’s content to chew through any cable or lead he comes across, which is quite a lot here at Focus HQ!
Happy Reading and Happy Eating!
In The Issue
- Abergavenny Events Calendar
- September’s Weather
- Parkers Projects – Time to get fruity!
- History: Medieval Caerleon
- Kids’ Puzzles
- Gwent Police : Not everything in the garden is rosy
- Abergavenny Film Society – New Season
- What is Fashion?
- Love Zimbabwe Grows
- Art at Coed Y Brenin
FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD!
- Abergavenny Food Festival 2013
- Rick Stein: Rocky’s Chicken Korma
- Nana’s Kitchen: Apple, Pear & Blackberry Scrummy
- Tom Kerridge’s Apple & Toffee Crumble Tart
- Jim Hamilton’s Broad Bean & Mint Pestun
- Food & Wine Pairings
- Squeaky Clean Ovens
- Film Review: The Worlds End / On Another Note
- Book Review: Bookish Foodie’s Essentials
- Story: New Beginnings Part 7