Debbie Saunders, a Lighter Life consultant based in Cwmbran, gives us some pointers about how best to get in the right frame of mind when it comes to weight loss.
Do you struggle to find time to think about food during the day let alone eat it?
Do you work in a role where your image and setting an example is important?
Are you too busy or tired to prepare a healthy meal?
Do you stop at the garage on the way home from work and have a chocolate or a bag of crisps (or two!)?
Do you struggle to find ‘me time’?
Is everyone else more important than you are?
Sounds like you could use a hand to get your bounce back…we have been there too and know just how it feels!
As 2013 starts and you are one of the millions who decide to change something in your life, here are some helpful tips to get you started;
- Take responsibility – you are the only one who can change things.
- Recognise what you can change and what you can’t.
- Set yourself small achievable goals and once you have conquered one, move to the next, giving yourself small rewards along the way.
- Value yourself – recognise the difference between being ‘selfish’and ‘self-caring’.
- Find someone you love and trust, make a time to meet them regularly once a week and talk to them. Stick to it no matter what comes up!
- Learn to express your feelings in assertive rather than aggressive or passive ways.
- Ask for help if you need it.
- Invest in yourself and join LighterLife….where this is all we do all day! You’ll soon have your bounce back!
Contribution by Debbie Saunders